Snowman Triathlon 2013 - Plas y Brenin, Capel Curig
Sunday 6th October 2013
New for 2013 - Following your feedback you will be able to enter either the Full Snowman (750m/69km/9km) or the Snowman Sprint (400m/31km/5km). Are you tough enough?
The first ever Snowman Triathlon in 2012 was a truly epic event. However, in 2013 it's going to be bigger, better and tougher! New for 2013 you will be able to enter either the Full Snowman (750m/69km/9km), which will probably be one of the toughest triathlons in the whole of the UK, or the Snowman Sprint (400m/31km/5km), still no feat for the faint hearted.
So, if you are a triathlete and think you are tough then the Snowman is for you! The run up Moel Siabod is possibly the most incredible run on any triathlon route in the country. The setting at Plas y Brenin is truly iconic, this is possibly the most beautiful view in the World!
The Snowman trail triathlon will be held on Sunday 6th October 2013, it will be the third in the Always Aim Tri series that starts with the classic Snowdonia Slateman, then the beautiful Anglesey Sandman and culminating with the amazing Snowman.
The Snowman race venue will be Plas y Brenin in Capel Curig, the start and finish set in the awe inspiring Snowdonia National Park , the surrounding mountain scenery along the race route is stunning. This event offers a challenge for everyone!
You can compete in the Snowman as an individual or as a relay team of three. We can't guarantee snow.....but maybe!
The two courses are as follows;
Full Snowman: (£59.95 individual or £75.95 per team, plus a small card fee which is outside of our control)
- 750m open water swim in Llyn Mymbyr
- 69 km road cycle circular route taking riders down Nant Gwynant and through Beddgelert, along the Aberglaslyn valley, through Llanfrothen, up 'the wall' to Rhyd, up to Blaenau Ffestiniog and over the Crimear Pass to Dolwyddelan, to Betws y Coed and to Capel Curig and Plas y Brenin.
- 9km mountain run to the summit of the stunning Moel Siabod providing unmnatched views to Snowdon and the surrounding mountains.
Snowman Sprint: (£49.95 individual or £65.95 per team, plus a small card fee which is outside of our control)
- 400m open water swim in Llyn Mymbyr
- 31km road cycle to Betws y Coed, Llanrwst, past Gwydyr Castle, back to Betws y Coed and Plas y Brenin.
- 5km mountain run half way up Moel Siabod and back.
Entries for the snowman will be strictly limited so we do advise early entry if you wish to secure your spot!
We are proud to be working in partnership with Conwy Council and the Outdoor Tourism Project.
Always Aim Tri Series 2013
At the Snowman Triathlon we will crown the overall individual Always Aim Tri Series male and female champions (fastest accumulated time at Slateman, Sandman and Snowman tri).
Images © Gwynfor James, www.sportpicturescymru.co.uk